Hey y’all! It has been a busy past few weeks around here, and because of that, this is actually the first Cheers in February…whoops! There have been a few really busy work days packed in between the every day goings on, and to be honest, blogging just wasn’t my top priority those days. I’m not always OK with saying things like that because for some reason, I feel like I should be able to do ALL the things, ALL the time, for ALL the people … but that’s just not real (or healthy) life. So … I’m not going to waste time fretting about Mondays gone by, and instead, am just going to celebrate getting to be here with y’all tonight!!! ? #GracenotPerfection (<— Speaking of, have you read that yet?! SO GOOD!)
And on that ? , here are just a few of the highlights from the past couple of weeks! 😉
– I was gifted with the opportunity to attend a Pursuit Community retreat here in the St. Pete area, and Luke made that time extra special for me with the gift of a hotel room there, so that I didn’t need to commute and could just stay and soak up the teaching and whatever Jesus was going to lay on my heart. It was a relaxing time, and I made so many new friends!
– The weekend before Pursuit, I had a really special commercial session for a fashion designer who currently sells with Dillard’s … I’d never done commercial work quite like this before, but it was such a fun experience working with her incredible team, and I absolutely love how the images came out. You can see all of my favorites (ummm….is 80+ too many?! ?) in this post here.
– Today is our engage-iversary!!! Exactly 1,095 days ago, I had a feeling something big was going to happen and was all kinds of giddy and excited. I was (still am) head over heels in love with Luke, and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. And on the very first evening of a long weekend together (we were still long-distance, and on our way to grab dinner before he went to stay at a friend’s house for the night), he asked me that one simple life-changing question and then presented me with a sparkly circle of life-long commitment. I wrote this in my prayer journal the next day: “Oh Lord, who knew one year ago, when I was struggling so hard to stop and wait for your best, that I would be engaged to and marrying the most wonderful, perfect-for-me man?! Lord, this whole relationship is a testimony that rings full of your faithfulness and restoration and mercy and forgiveness – and now I get to marry the man of my dreams.” ?
And just for fun, here’s a little throwback to a special date we had out in Appomattox VA, pre-fiances 😉
– I went to Ikea (twice so far this month haha) and picked up a few things to make our home a little cozier, like curtains for a few of our rooms, shelves and a big green plant for my office, etc., and I love how our space is coming together! Little changes (like finally changing all the chalkboards so they aren’t Christmas-themed ? ) really can make a big difference!
– Luke made Valentine’s Day incredibly special by surprising me with a sunset cruise ON A SAILBOAT! Oh my gosh, I cannot tell y’all how peaceful and calm and beautiful it was out there, not to mention that the whole experience was literally a dream come true … I have wanted to be out on a sailboat for a looooong time, and getting to share that with my favorite guy? It was literally the best. We even saw a pod of dolphins and watched as a herd (pod? gaggle? ? ) of manatees swam right by the boat.
– Ok, last but not least … I’m working on restoring an old dresser that our pastor’s wife, who knows that I love DIYing furniture, found in the alley behind her house. Luke drove me back over later that evening, in rainy dreary weather, and loaded up and toted it home. I’ve only worked on it a couple of times over the past few months, but yesterday, got a little dresser crazy haha and finished sanding the whole thing, painted on two coats of Annie Sloan’s Graphite chalk paint, and got it all sealed with wax! Now I’m on a mission to find reasonably priced knobs and pulls so that I can put the finishing touches on it and get it moved into the bedroom!
Here’s a sweet post from Luke that shows you the progress so far! ❤️