The Week in Review | January 17 – 23, 2017
My desk here in the office faces a large window overlooking our back yard, and on and off all morning and afternoon so far, we’ve had big gusts of wind and sideways rain blow through, followed shortly after by bright blue skies. Right now, it’s a mix of both…trees are swaying and spitting down their leaves while rain drips off the roof, all in front of a surprisingly clear sky!
…. I’m working on a blog post for later this week (so be sure to check back!), and then will jump in to conquering meal planning and grocery-list making so we don’t starve this week! ?
PS – Since multitasking with technology isn’t my thing ?, I’ve switched 100% over to using Instagram stories to help me chronicle our day-to-day goings on, and you can join in on the fun if you want, @thisgoodlifephoto. See you there!
And with that, here are just a few of the highlights of the past seven days!
– I got to Facetime with my VA bestie, Erin, and it was WONDERFUL. She and I use normally use Voxer to stay in touch (which entails leaving each other often hilarious and looooong messages throughout the week) but sometimes face to face chats just can’t be beat!
– I BOUGHT A NEW PLANNER! You may not know this about me, but I love (LOVE) tiny, cute office things, paper products, and list making, so when it comes time to pick out a new planner each year, I get waaaaay too excited. And then sometimes make videos about said planners in Instagram because I’m a nerd like that haha ? Anyways, I found this year’s awesome calendar at Whim So Doodle in downtown St. Pete, thanks to the recommendation of a sweet friend, and ohmyGOSH is that store amazing! SO many tiny things + paper goods + crafting supplies!!! ?
– After hearing so much about it, Luke and I started watching This is Us last night. (Cue all.the.feels.) Have you seen it? What are your thoughts?
– Saturday evening, I had the honor of meeting the Noether Family for their session around the grounds of the Museum of Fine Arts, and the weather couldn’t have been prettier! I can’t wait to share a few sneak peeks on the FB page later this week as I work through their images! Afterwards, I texted Luke to say that I was walking back to the car, and he told me to stay put. Earlier that day, he had flown back from a week-long work trip to Hawaii, and we had juuuust missed each other; one of us was on the way home to our house while the other was driving downtown. Turns out, when he texted and told me to stay put, he was in an Uber on his way to surprise me! AHHHH! Seeing him walk up the sidewalk towards our car after a week apart was so exciting and special, and made me feel so loved and cared for!!! He’s the bestest, and I still can’t believe I get to be his wife! ?
– Yesterday was just about as perfect as any Sunday could be. Church was amazing, and it was extra nice being back to our regular routine. On our way home afterwards, we stopped for the first time at St. Pete Bakery and enjoyed a warm cinnamon bun (Luke) and a warm apple hand pie (me) for “breakfast”, while we read books and putzed. Once home, we may or may not have fallen asleep and taken a three hour nap (WHOA) before waking up for an evening of football, #PubSubs, and cuddling on the couch while we waited for the rain to start. It was one of the most relaxing days! ❤️